Summer in the Country Blog Hop! Day 1
Welcome to the Summer in the Country Blog Hop with the fabulous Island Batik Ambassadors! This group of quilting bloggers will be showcasing our fresh new fabrics, now in quilt shops near you!
Each day, you’ll stop by a blog authored by one of our Ambassadors. There you’ll find a fun project, tutorial, or giveaway, and a scrumptious summer time recipe.
We’re kicking things off with a family farm inspired quilt and a fabric giveaway!
I love barns. While I didn’t grow up on a farm, they are a part of my family’s history and they’ll always have a special place in my heart. It doesn’t hurt that barns have their very own quilts, too! 😉 After a recent trip to Minnesota and a visit to one of the family farms there, I was inspired to put together these fun paper pieced blocks! I mixed the blocks with some Missouri Stars as a tribute to my home state.
All of the barn blocks and instructions for finishing this quilt will be available to everyone at the end of the hop right here on the Island Batik blog!
Ready to enter? Do it right here! Two winners will be drawn and announced on Monday, September 7th.
Here’s the schedule for the rest of the hop. Tomorrow’s stop is with Marlene of KISSed Quilts!
8/17 – Island Batik
8/18 – KISSed Quilts – Part 1
8/19 – Kauffman Designs
8/20 – Adele Mogavero
8/21 – MooseStash Quilting
8/22 – Pamela Quilts
8/23 – Freemotion by the River
8/24 – The Patchwork Pearl
8/25 – Fun Threads Designs
8/26 – For Quilts Sake
8/27 – Lemon Tree Snippets
8/28 – Bejeweled Quilts
8/29 – Tamarinis
8/30 – KISSed Quilts – Part 2
8/31 – Beaquilter
9/1 – Purrfect Spots Designs
9/2 – Maria Michaels Designs
9/3 – Mary Mack Made Mine
9/4 – Made In Scraps
9/5 – Happy Cottage Quilter
And before you go, don’t miss this delicious recipe! Inspired by this dish, this pie became a family favorite the first time we made it! But be warned – this is definitely not low-cal or heart healthy!
2/3 cup Nutella
1 (8oz) block cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 (8oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
1/2 cup butter
Also grab: pie plate (or cupcake tins), medium bowl, spoon
1. Open each Oreo and scrape the filling into a medium bowl and put cookies into a gallon plastic bag.
2. With a rolling pin, smash the cookies into smithereens (or grind them up in a food processor).
3. Add butter to your bowl of Oreo filling and microwave until butter is melted. Stir. Add your cookie crumbs and mix with a spoon. Set aside roughly half a cup and press the rest of your mixture into a pie plate. Set aside.
4. With your mixer, cream the Nutella, cream cheese and vanilla. Add Cool Whip and mix until just blended. Pour into your pie plate on top of your Oreo crust and top with the remaining crumbs. Place in the freezer for three hours or overnight.
5. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.