HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
by Carol Doak and Sharon Pederson
Alex Anderson, Bonnie Browning, and Ricky Tims
Twelve Great Awards
Best Giving Quilt · Color · Improvisation
Applique · Piecing · Original Design
Creative Use of Fabric · Best Hand Quilting
Best Machine Quilting · Most Humorous
Best Pattern Adaptation · Best Surface Design
Giving Quilt Challenge
These rules apply to the 2013 Quilted In Honor Giving Quilt Challenge.
- Quilter must use Island Batik Quilted In Honor fabrics, available from local quilt shops, or at AQS online.
You can help support the additional Challenge Sponsors by using these products: Aurifil thread, Pellon batting, OESD embroidery designs, Giving Quilt Pattern by Carol Doak & Sharon Pederson at PatternSpot.com.
- The maker(s) of a cloth quilt can enter the completed work by entering online at AmericanQuilter.com/Giving.
- There is a $5.00 entry fee per quilt entered in the Quilted In Honor Giving Quilt Challenge. The fee will be donated to Operation Homefront.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. The name(s) on the top line of the entry should be that of the maker(s).
- All quilts must fit the size requirements and definitions of the selected category. Please look carefully at category names and sizes. There are three categories: Wall Quilt 24" x 36", Lap Quilt 36" x 48", and Baby Quilt 40" x 60". Quilts may be +/- 2-inches in either direction.
- All quilts must have a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 36 gift card pockets. (Click here for instructional video)
- All quilts must have a 4-inch finished hanging sleeve. (Click here for instructional video)
- All quilts must be quilted by hand, machine, or both. Quilting is defined as a running stitch that passes through top, batting, and backing. Tied quilts are not eligible. Any quiltmaking technique can be used.
- Three photos must be uploaded with the entry. (Click here for photography suggestions)
Please include:All accepted quilts will be eligible for prizes and donated to Operation Homefront, except those that are incomplete, torn, or soiled.
- A full-view digital photo of the quilt showing all four corners. No part of the quilt can be obscured. Do not crop or manipulate your photos, however you may crop the background so long as all edges, corners, and binding of the quilt are visible.
- A detailed photo showing quilting stitches.
- A photo of the entrant(s) from the shoulders up. Include in your entries only these three photos.
- Quilts must be a single unit and may not be framed with wood, metal, etc.
- All decisions of the judges are final. The challenge reserves the right to reject any entry.
- Quilted In Honor Giving Quilt Challenge Entry Deadline is March 28, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. (CST).
- Accepted Quilted In Honor Giving Quilt Challenge quilts are due at AQS by March 28. (Click here for shipping information)
- Winners will be announced at AQS QuiltWeek® – Paducah, Kentucky 2014.
- Accepted Quilted In Honor Giving Quilt Challenge quilts will be donated to Operation Homefront at the conclusion of AQS QuiltWeek® – Paducah, Kentucky 2014.
Ship your quilt to arrive in Paducah by March 28, 2014.
- Be sure your quilt has a label with the quilt title on the back.
- Pack the quilt in a plastic bag, inside a sturdy box.
American Quilter's Society
Attn: Terry Guill – GQC/Entrants Last Name
5801 Kentucky Dam Rd
Paducah, KY 42003 USA
AQS cannot confirm the arrival of individual quilts.
Please track your quilt using your shipment tracking number.